Congratulations on finishing the Harlem Renaissance WebQuest! I hope you had fun while you
learned. Your museum exhibits will be prominently displayed for the school and your parents during our Arts Fair.
During the rest of our focused study, you will have many opportunities to continue to explore the Harlem
Renaissance and expand your understanding of its significance to American history and culture.
As we continue, think about the following:
- Do you feel a connection with any of the people you learned about? Which ones? Why?
- Do you feel a connection with any of the artistic styles of literature, art, or music? Why?
Try creating or performing something inspired by these styles.
- What is the role of the arts in social change?
- How did the artistic styles of the Harlem Renaissance influence later developments in literature, art, and music?
- What might life be like today if there had been no Harlem Renaissance?